Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

08-25-2017

United States of America

8 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 3

Left-side USB disconnects randomly

2019-11-16, 22:26 PM

X1 Carbon 7th Gen - (Type 20QD, 20QE)

Windows 10 Pro

All Windows & Lenovo Vantage updates are current.

WD 4TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive

I have two of the WD external hard drives, same exact model number, plugged into the two USB-C ports. The one that is plugged into the port on the left side (by the CapsLock key) will randomly disconnect and after some time reconnect. The one on the right side is just fine. I've tried swapping the drives to the other ports to see if it's an issue with the drives themselves, or the cables, but it's consistently an issue with whatever is plugged into that particular left-side USB-C port. It's causing productivity issues since I need both drives connected, but have to keep waiting for one to come back online to continue my work.

Thanks!

Options

6651 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

1003 Signins

33574 Page Views

• Views: 33574
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Left-side USB disconnects randomly

2019-11-18, 19:03 PM

Hi Sixside! Try installing the critical Intel Thunderbolt Software and Firmware Updates from this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht508988 for further assistance.
If the issue is the same, please contact support: 800-426-7378. They are open 24/7 to assist you.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

6651 Posts

08-02-2018

Philippines

1003 Signins

33574 Page Views

• Views: 33574
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Left-side USB disconnects randomly

2019-11-18, 19:03 PM

Hi Sixside! Try installing the critical Intel Thunderbolt Software and Firmware Updates from this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht508988. Let us know how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms