Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surfer1
Paper Tape
Views: 704
Message 1 of 26

Lenovo Carbon X1 (4thgen)

Hi, i just bought a new Carbon X1 but the fingerprint sensor doens't work. I think it did work (something happened) before i installed the updates that it wanted me to do right away but couldn't be certain.

I've not used windows for a lot of years (this has win 10 Pro) so its all a bit of a mystery. There are lots of suggestions on the internet that it was the updates that caused the problem "Windows Hello is not available for this device" (or something to that effect). I have tried some of them but got nowhere, except i uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and now its worse (has a yellow triangle error next to it in device manager).

Question is what do i do about it. its a mission to take it back to where i bought it, though i can. Suggestions?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 694
Message 2 of 26

Re: Lenovo Carbon X1 (4thgen)

See if this document will help you, otherwise contact Lenovo support for assistance, and if they cannot fix the problem, I would return the laptop.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht104227

surfer1
Paper Tape
Views: 618
Message 3 of 26

Hi and thanks for response. I got stuck at the bios and chipset driver. None found on Lenovo support site. Are they called something else? I did update the fingerprint driver - no luck.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 461
Message 4 of 26

Reboot and press F1 to enter BIOS setup.  Then go to security -> fingerprint menu, and choose the option about "Reset Fingerprint Data".  What happens?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 451
Message 5 of 26

Another thing to try that's worked for me and a couple of others:

In Device Manager find the device and uninstall it.  Not the driver - the device. Then do a scan for new hardware.

Not saying it's a sure thing, but easy to try.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

surfer1
Paper Tape
Views: 408
Message 6 of 26

Hi, i did this, got into the black screen and did reset fingerprint data and it said it was but just froze up. I oculdn't ESC etc and ended up having to shut down. So, no luck there.

surfer1
Paper Tape
Views: 408
Message 7 of 26

Hi, i have uninstalled the device, but not sure how i scan for new hardware?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 397
Message 8 of 26

Capture.PNG

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

surfer1
Paper Tape
Views: 388
Message 9 of 26

no luck, the driver still has the yellow triangle by it.

kunete
Paper Tape
Views: 367
Message 10 of 26

I have the exact same problem it is really annoying, i have tried everything in all forums, reinstalled, cleared finger print data, cleared tpm, use an older driver, use updated driver, use windows default driver, toggle stuff in security bios settings, etc etc etc... NOTHING works please help!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors