Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj_alex
Punch Card
Views: 695
Message 1 of 21

Lenovo Display Optimizer installation not possible / Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd gen

Hello,

I Have a Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd gen. After Updating the Display Optimizer from 1.5... to 2.0. i noticed, that the installation was not successfull although there was no error.

Lenovo Vantage shows me still an update for the display Optimizer. This time there is no older version but Vantage shows me the message: There is no Version installed. The Folder /Plugins with the file ChromaTunePackage doesn't exist on my device.

Even with the new Version of Display Optimizer 2.1.3.0 there is no change. 

Every other driver is the latest version. I'm using the preinstalled Version of Windows 10.

I hope someone can held me here

rx273
Punch Card
Views: 628
Message 2 of 21

Re: Lenovo Display Optimizer installation not possible / Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd gen

I have just posted what maybe the same issue relating to an X1E. Installed V2.1.3.0 of Display Optimizer on an X1E, but it doesn't seem to be installed even though the installer throws no errors. 

rx273
Punch Card
Views: 609
Message 3 of 21

Re: Lenovo Display Optimizer installation not possible / Thinkpad X1 Yoga 3rd gen

Interestingly by default it trys to install to "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\is-GENM7.tmp\LenovoDisplayOptimizer". 

I have tried changing the install directory to "c:\LenovoDisplayOptimizer", still nothing. It goes through the installation process, finishes, and then prompts you to reboot. 

I checked the directory "c:\LenovoDisplayOptimizer" and noticed a single file called "lenovodisplayoptimizersetup.exe". I decided trying running this. Again goes through an install process, and finishes (no prompt for a reboot though).

Something strange is going on. Any thoughts on what is going wrong?

dj_alex
Punch Card
Views: 600
Message 4 of 21

I tried exactly the same. The installation shows no errors too but is still not successfull.

Did you ever had Display Optimizer installed on your x1e in the past?

When i got my Thinkpad, there was Version 1.5... installed with a point in the right click menu on the desktop.

But in this Version was no support for your x1e.

The Readme file says, the installed version can be found in this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\ChromaTunePackage
     \x86\Setup.exe

On my Thinkpad the Folder ChromaTunePackage doesn't exist.

Can you find the folder?

rx273
Punch Card
Views: 584
Message 5 of 21

I did have V2.0.0.3 installed, but since then I did a fresh install of W10 and now trying to install the latest version 2.1.3.0. All drivers are the latest.

Like you I don't have "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\ChromaTunePackage" created as part of the install, and there is no directory of that name. 

For some reason it is just not installing correctly. It would be helpful if there was install logs to show what is going wrong. 

rx273
Punch Card
Views: 547
Message 6 of 21

@dj_alex - have you had any further success with this?

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 527
Message 7 of 21

I could not reproduce this problem.  My PC already had Display Optimizer 2.0.0.3 and I used Vantage -> System Update to update it to the latest version 2.1.3.0.  So now I am wondering if there is a problem updating from some older version like 1.5.x.  I'll keep trying to reproduce this, but in the meantime I wonder if you could get to the latest version by installing the software manually.  Here is a link to setup.exe for version 2.1.3.0, please give it a try and let me know if it installs.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApXWjQB7_a1bhf5gVGJOtslHba3yFg

dj_alex
Punch Card
Views: 509
Message 8 of 21

In the last days i tried several ways to install the Display Optimizer, including the manual download from the link. But there is no improvement.

I also tried to add the Chroma folger manually but it seems to be removed by the installation process.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 499
Message 9 of 21

@dj_alex wrote:

In the last days i tried several ways to install the Display Optimizer, including the manual download from the link. But there is no improvement.

I also tried to add the Chroma folger manually but it seems to be removed by the installation process.

The link I provided in my previous message is different than what's available on the support website.  I think my link might work for you.  If you haven't tried it already, please do so.

dj_alex
Punch Card
Views: 487
Message 10 of 21

Sorry for missunderstanding your link. I tried it and it seems to work. But Lenovo Vantage still wants to Update it and after this display optimizer is gone again. I now will just ignore the update, or what do you think?

But anyway thank you very much.

By the Way can anybody tell me if the small menu of lenovo vantage has the button for disabling the touchpad?

On comparing my thinkpad with others because of the problem with the Display Optimizer i noticed, that on otheres machines there is a button but on mine not. Maybe there's a bigger problem with my installation of vantage also causing the problem with display optimizer?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors