Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Framer1234
Paper Tape
Views: 738
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th gen, WWAN issue

Hello,

I got my X1C7 with LTE card yesterday, and spent half of the day figuring out why the cellular connection is not appearing.

I noticed that the LTE card is not visible in device manager or network adapters, and the computer keeps making noices every few minutes as if a new device was being connected to it.

I've checked BIOS that the Wireless WAN connection is enabled, and installed all Windows updates.

When updating drivers through Lenovo System Update, I found that installing the Fibocom L850-GL drive package actually never goes through. After the installation process has finished, the software says driver installation was succesfull and the computer needs to be restarted. However, when I restart the computer and check for drivers again, the option to install the LTE card driver is still there.

I did find the following device in device manager under system devices, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the Fibocom L850-GL.

wwan_01.PNG

I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro Version 1903.

Has anyone else had the same problem and managed to fix it?

Kevliu78
Token Ring
Views: 674
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 7th gen, WWAN issue

Don't be surprised, my X1 6th gen exactly same as you. 

But my laptop shutdown force restarted, till I removed the Fibocom card then solved my shutdown issue.

At this moment Lenovo driver on June 2019 can’t even solve, due to latest win 1903 version recently.

Wait sometime for latest driver update.

Cheers  

Highlighted
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 658
Message 3 of 5

Hi Framer1234, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

Try the emergency reset (full shut down using shift key and hold down the button in pinhole in bottom with a paperclip). This often clears up interface problems, at least this is the case with the X1C6. I haven't seen an X1C7 with WWAN yet.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Kubur
Fanfold Paper
Views: 601
Message 4 of 5

Hi there, had this exact problem with previous two X16, basicly your WWAN card is damaged due to bad card update process

Best thing to do is to make use of your warranty, they should replace the cards, but be aware that this may happend again!

Your best call is to be very carfull when updateing the WWAN card

Bad problem, I konw!

Arbitrage88
Paper Tape
Views: 542
Message 5 of 5

I recently had a keyboard problem and Lenovo support replaced the entire keyboard.  The WWAN wasn't working after their replacement.  They replaced the FiboCom modem and the WWAN wasn't working (the no SIM errors others see).

Then I read bananaman's idea about the paperclip/shift hard power off.  Immediately worked.  Thanks bananaman.  Lenovo wanted to replace my motherboard next.  Thanks for helping me avoid that situation.  Wish they read these forums too. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors