cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
healthylaff
Blue Screen Again
Views: 261
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen), i5-8350U 1.7ghz Equipment Questions...

Just purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen), i5-8350U 1.7ghz 8/256 off of Craigslist.

Are there easy ways to determine...

1) If it has "720p HD Camera with ThinkShutter and microphone"--I don't see any evidence of "ThinkShutter" but "customizing" the unit on Lenovo's site states it's standard (or it states this: "The IR camera is not available on models with the 14-in HDR WQHD IPS (2560 x 1440) anti-reflective, anti-smudge, multi-touch with Dolby Vision display)

2) if it has "
The IR camera is not available on models with the 14-in HDR WQHD IPS (2560 x 1440) anti-reflective, anti-smudge, multi-touch with Dolby Vision display?"

3) if it has WWAN (
Integrated Mobile BroadbandFibocom L850-GL 4G LTE-A cat 9)?

4) How does the ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock" run two external monitors (see photo from product review attached) with only one HDMI out??
https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/accessories-and-monitors/docking/universal-cable-docks-thunderbolt/Thun...

59098fbf-242a-57c8-9661-82b0ec21fa94.jpg

jeremyshaw
802.11n
Views: 226
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen), i5-8350U 1.7ghz Equipment Questions...

In order to output video, the ThinkPad Thunderbolt dock uses the Displayport stream inside the Thunderbolt connection. Displayport allows for one connection to power multiple monitors. In some setups, the dock itself establishes the connections (be it a direct DP passthrough, or a DP-->HDMI conversion). In others, the dock passes through the DP, and another monitor (MST hub) will pass it through to the next monitor. The Thinkpad Thunderbolt dock also passes USB and power through the Thunderbolt connection, so you can also charge your laptop and connect a mouse, KB, and ethernet to the dock. All will be passed to the laptop via the single Thunderbolt connection.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors