Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 1 of 3 (303 Views)

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Touch Screen

I have ben dealing with problems with this touch screen since I got the laptop.  It has been continuously ghosting, while it got better after the June update, it still ghosts without touches, until you start using the touch screen.  When using the touch screen it starts drawing gray lines in between the point im touching and the point its ghosting to (the lines arent always direct). 

I recently wiped my the drive, reimaged to a backup from april and tried reupdating it.  When I got to the touch screen drivers, I got through the initial setup and told it to open the update when finished but the machine froze.  Now when I try to reinstall, I get to the finish page on the update tools install, have it open the updater, but the program immediately closes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 2 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Touch Screen

If it is any help, I believe it is a driver problem or windows related.  I dont have this issue in Gentoo Linux, the touch screen works fine with that, even with the stylus.  When I had last been using the june 19th update I was still experiencing ghosting, in gentoo I dont have that issue though. I also just made an ubuntu partition which also has the touch screen working so I'm kind of bummed out.

I don't want to have to dual boot just to use tablet features though, and linux isnt even officially supported...

I cant do a windows reinstall at the moment, especially not for this.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 3 of 3 (200 Views)

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Touch Screen

Still no fix and no support from Lenovo.  Im having this issue on two seperate machines.

Top kudoed Authors