03-22-2017 05:56 PM
Just today, the touchscreen on my Yoga Plus stopped working. I have tried everything, including reinstalling drivers, but I just get the message "driver is not intended for this platform." Can anyone help? I love this PC, it's great, I am just really disappointed Lenovo support doesn't seem to do what it promises. Thanks very much!
03-23-2017 01:38 AM
I had the issue that the touchscreen from my "x1 yoga; win10; 64bit; type: 20FQ" stoped working without any reasonable reason. I tried to fix the problem by using the provided Driver (post 172 by Ewemb from https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-Touch-Screen-No-Longer-Working/m-p/35...). Was working fine. Till today. Now the touchscreen is complete out of order. Not working anymore. Neither the pen is working anymore, too. Tried to reinstall the Driver from Lenovo again. No sucess. Anyone any idea?
Dear Lenovo, it is (almost) a cheek that nearly 2000$ Ultrabook has an no working USP. The problem is known science more then ONE! year. Please, provide a working! solution.
03-23-2017 03:20 AM - edited 03-23-2017 03:20 AM
the following screenshots will display the detected problem. Windows update shows an error as well: "Wacom Technology - HIDClass - 1/9/2017 12:00:00 AM - 188.8.131.52 – Fehler 0x800f0234"
03-23-2017 04:15 AM - edited 03-23-2017 04:22 AM
i fixed the problem. Seems that it is working with this solution, either i can resolve the problem again and again. Better a workaround then no workaround.
1. Download SCCM Package: http://support.lenovo.com/de/de/downloads/DS111758 Realase date: 5.9.2016
2. extract all files to C:/DRIVERS/... (temp folder)
3. open device manager and update the "unknown device"/"pen and multitouch"/"wacom device" -> for details follow the instructions of https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-Touch-Screen-No-Longer-Working/m-p/36... MainstayIT post #180
4. prevent driver from reinstalling itself: rename "ApsHM64.sys" to "ApsHM64.sys.old" in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers"
5. done (no restart required) --> see screenshot
edit: post is written by touchscreen keyboard and clicks made by pen
03-23-2017 11:15 PM
Seems like the driver update broke your X1 Yoga as well. I written another forum post about this, you do not need to fiddle around with files and everything, just download the latest Wacom driver 184.108.40.206 installer and install that instead of the one from Windows Update / Lenovo Support site.