Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jezmic
Paper Tape
Views: 4,621
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Touchscreen not working

Just today, the touchscreen on my Yoga Plus stopped working. I have tried everything, including reinstalling drivers, but I just get the message "driver is not intended for this platform." Can anyone help? I love this PC, it's great, I am just really disappointed Lenovo support doesn't seem to do what it promises. Thanks very much!

nanota
Paper Tape
Views: 4,550
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Yoga Touchscreen not working

I had the issue that the touchscreen from my "x1 yoga; win10; 64bit; type: 20FQ" stoped working without any reasonable reason. I tried to fix the problem by using the provided Driver (post 172 by Ewemb from https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-Touch-Screen-No-Longer-Working/m-p/35...). Was working fine. Till today. Now the touchscreen is complete out of order. Not working anymore. Neither the pen is working anymore, too. Tried to reinstall the Driver from Lenovo again. No sucess. Anyone any idea?

------

Dear Lenovo, it is (almost) a cheek that nearly 2000$ Ultrabook has an no working USP. The problem is known science more then ONE! year. Please, provide a working! solution.

nanota
Paper Tape
Views: 4,536
Message 3 of 8

the following screenshots will display the detected problem. Windows update shows an error as well: "Wacom Technology - HIDClass - 1/9/2017 12:00:00 AM - 7.3.4.25 – Fehler 0x800f0234"

pen1.PNGpen2.PNGpen3.PNG

nanota
Paper Tape
Views: 4,531
Message 4 of 8

i checked the second x1 yoga, which is working probaply. There the screenshot showing the following: different driver at all. any idea?

pen11.PNGpen21.PNG

nanota
Paper Tape
Views: 4,510
Message 5 of 8

i fixed the problem. Seems that it is working with this solution, either i can resolve the problem again and again. Better a workaround then no workaround.

1. Download SCCM Package: http://support.lenovo.com/de/de/downloads/DS111758 Realase date: 5.9.2016

2. extract all files to C:/DRIVERS/... (temp folder)

3. open device manager and update the "unknown device"/"pen and multitouch"/"wacom device" -> for details follow the instructions of https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-Touch-Screen-No-Longer-Working/m-p/36... MainstayIT post #180

4. prevent driver from reinstalling itself: rename "ApsHM64.sys" to "ApsHM64.sys.old" in "C:\Windows\System32\drivers"

5. done (no restart required) --> see screenshot

pen4.PNG

edit: post is written by touchscreen keyboard and clicks made by pen

wmpepee
What's DOS?
Views: 4,407
Message 6 of 8

Thanks it solved my problem :-)

lenardg
802.11n
Views: 4,282
Message 7 of 8

Seems like the driver update broke your X1 Yoga as well. I written another forum post about this, you do not need to fiddle around with files and everything, just download the latest Wacom driver 7.3.4.28 installer and install that instead of the one from Windows Update / Lenovo Support site.

Details here:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Yoga-Wacom-driver-7-3-4-25-seems-to-be-bro...

Lenard | (I am a Lenovo INsider - a volunteer and not a Lenovo employee) | @lenardg
ThinkPad P52 | C630 WOS | X1 Yoga (1st)(2nd) | Legion Y530
PWY
What's DOS?
Views: 4,245
Message 8 of 8

Txs a lot, the Wacom drive pdate was driectly unfreezing my touchscreen. Best solution to try first before playing with all other parameters.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors