Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suzyybuzyy
What's DOS?
Views: 1,857
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Thinkpad X250: can't adjust brightness

Hi,

I can't adjust the screen brightness on my X250 at all. I have Windows 7 on it. When I press + and - the slider thing shows up, and it goes up and down, but nothing happens. It's really bright and have already been like this for weeks. The colour is slightly wrong as well. Restarting, shutting down or closing and opening the lid does nothing.

It got stuck after I disconnected it from my docking station, so I tried connecting it and disconnecting again - nothing. I've updated Windows and nothing there as well. I'm getting really frustrated since nothing works.. Is there something to do? Please help.. 

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,809
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X250: can't adjust brightness

Have you changed the panel?

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Former Employee
Views: 1,762
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad X250: can't adjust brightness

Suzyybuzyy,

Think Engineering would like to see if uninstalling the video driver and reinstalling it resolves the issue.

You can do this by going into Device Manager, clicking on Display Adapters, then selecting the Intel HD Graphics device. Then right-click, and a small window should open. Select "Uninstall". 

Once it is uninstalled, if you are running Windows 10, restart the system. Windows 10 should automatically install the latest Intel HD Graphics Driver. If not, it can be downloaded here:  http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/downloads/DS103422

Please let us know if this restores brightness control and corrects the color.

Thank you,

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors