09-04-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Thinkpad X300 Microphone

2020-09-04, 15:58 PM

I am trying to repair a laptop that does not receive microphone sound through the mic on the the side of the screen but does work with the actuals plugs on the left  side of the laptop,

I think this might either be related to the Mic component in the screen or perhaps a disconnection of the cables on the mainboard.

I am looking for information on the part number for it and where I can order this part and also the procedure to make this small reapir.

please help I am passing this along to an old relative.

kind regards

Options

5639 Posts

06-27-2008

US

28512 Signins

1628647 Page Views

• Views: 1628647
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo Thinkpad X300 Microphone

2020-09-04, 16:18 PM

@ Cursor2020 wrote:

I am trying to repair a laptop that does not receive microphone sound through the mic on the the side of the screen but does work with the actuals plugs on the left  side of the laptop,

I think this might either be related to the Mic component in the screen or perhaps a disconnection of the cables on the mainboard.

I am looking for information on the part number for it and where I can order this part and also the procedure to make this small reapir.

please help I am passing this along to an old relative.

kind regards

Good day and welcome to the community.

Sorry that you're having issues with your laptop.

Have a look through the hardware manual: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/42x4239_03.pdf

It's not clear to me that there is a discrete part for the built-in microphone. It may be that it's integrated into one of the panel cables that run through the hinge into the lid. Hopefully another member with more direct/applicable experience will see this thread and can comment.

HTH a bit.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

2 Posts

09-04-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo Thinkpad X300 Microphone

2020-09-04, 20:42 PM
I actually disasamble the screen and it is infact a small separate pieces attached to the case with a small screw and runs a cable down the side of the screen that then goes through the hinge and connects to a par in the mainboard that is just next to the fan.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete