Did you mean: 
SebastianB
What's DOS?
Views: 355
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Thinkpad x1 3rd gen Pricing

Hello,

I am student and a thinkpad enthusiast.

I was looking at the x1 laptop when it came out in the US, with 1199dollar pricing.

To my disappointment I couldnt get it shipped to Finland, so I waited a while until it was released in Europe aswell.

However, the pricing is very high for the same laptop: 1650dollars! 

- 450dollar difference

And this is with the same exact parts!

With i7, 256gb ssd, QHD (nontouch) screen it's already 2400dollars in Finland! while in the US it's 1870!

-650 dollar difference

why such a big difference? I am pretty sad about this, and it forces me to consider a competitors laptop.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 311
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad x1 3rd gen Pricing

I'm not an expert on international pricing, but my guess is that the difference is due to the VAT.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 306
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

Looking at the Finland Lenovo site and trying to match those specs on the US site (i7, 256GB, QHD non-touch, WIn 8.1 Pro) I come up with $1919US.

The biggest difference I can see is the US version is offered with a 1-year depot warranty, while the Finnish version has a 3-year on-site.

Since I can't really read the Finnish site, I may be off here - but have a look at the warranty differences.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

dchang1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 282
Message 4 of 4

Sounds like theres a possible markup with the 3 year onsite.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors