02-05-2019 10:34 AM
My Lenovo Vantage app is not working after update my computer. I am using Window 10 64bit.
Here is the error link I keep getting:
02-05-2019 10:53 AM
Lenovo Vantage is the replacement of the following 3 apps:
Seems like the problem you described was led by wrong registry value when previously upgrade from Companion to Vantage. You may try to remove all Lenovo related apps from Microsoft Store and re-install Vantage.
02-07-2019 01:27 AM
Simply open Apps and Features from Settings in Win10 to check if any other Lenovo apps installed.
Besides, tried on my X230 and everything's fine with Vantage on Win10 latest patches. To further diagnostic on your case, try to create a new local user on your machine, logon Windows with it and test open Vantage to see if still the same problem. If not, that means the logon profile of the original user corrupted that leads to the problem.
02-07-2019 09:44 AM
Wait a minute, dude... It's error prompt from Keyboard Manager but not Vantage. Would you describe more on how you got this prompt?
02-07-2019 10:22 AM - edited 02-07-2019 10:22 AM
- I have x1 carbon 6th gen. window 10 64 bits.
- I created a new, local account and vantage still do not work.
- Before I update Window 10, I used to have Lenovo Companion. Pressing the F12 key would automatically open the Companion app. After the update, Companion became Vantage and pressing F12 would give me that keyboard manager error code in the picture I posted. When I had Companion I assigned the F12 button to open the Companion app.
- When I click on the Vantage app itself, the vantage app would appear for 2 seconds before disappearing. See the new picture I have included in the file.
-Clicking update on that prompt, it tried to open the Vantage app but then it disappears- same new picture as the one I included in the file.
02-07-2019 11:45 PM
Now the keyboard shortcut issue fixed.
For the problem of Vantage open and close immediately, check out solution of this thread. User with similar problem fixed by removing any Vantage-related registry and then reinstall it.
02-08-2019 07:25 AM - edited 02-08-2019 07:27 AM
1. Click on the very root, that is "Computer"
2. Press Ctrl+F then type in "Vantage" and Enter
3. Whenever found, press Delete key on keyboard
4. Press F3 for the next search and Delete as well if found
5. Repeat until no more search result found