Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hbr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 224
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Vantage doesn't respond to mouseclicks

Since a little while I can't seem to get Vantage to respond anymore. It used to work fine but lately I can start it but it will not respond to any mouseclicks. I tried tabbing and hitting enter, external mouse, nothing seems to work. I reinstalled the app through the microsoft store but that doesn't help. I then removed it, and removed the System Interface Foundation V2 Device from the System Devices in windows, rebooted, installed Vantage and after it wanted to install the System Interface Foundation, Vantage worked fine! I could install some drivers and firmware and all was well. But after I closed Vantage and reopened it, it was totally unresponsive again! I don't want to reinstall the System Interface Foundation including 2 reboots just to check for a driverupdate..

Why does Vantage not work after the initial start at which it installes the V2 device? Does it use some browser or other dll that might have gotten updated somewhere? I would really like to get Vantage to work again

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 210
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Vantage doesn't respond to mouseclicks

They're working on it.  See this thread: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Pre-Installed-Lenovo-Software/Lenovo-Vantage-not-working/td-p/4408521

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo. I love beer.
Ian-Canada
Punch Card
Views: 171
Message 3 of 5

lenovo X1 carbon 6th gen  windows 10 updated to latest updates.

I had the same problem of Vantage not responding to mouse clicks and sadly before seeing this thread I uninstalled Vantage with the intention of reinstalling it but now it will not install from the windows store.  I find the app in the windows and click install but nothing happens.  No error messages, no download, no change whatsoever just the button depress animation. 

I have searched and tried a few suggestions from other threads but norhting seems to work. 

Any suggestions as to why lenovo Vantage will  not load??

hbr
Blue Screen Again
Views: 157
Message 4 of 5

It seems @DoctorDon is on the right track with the serverside not working correctly. As of later this morning Vantage started to work as expected again and it's responding to mouseclicks again.

As for your installation problem, you may want to open Device Manager, go to System Devices and remove the System Interface Foundation V2 Device. reboot and try to install Vantage again. That worked for me albeit only once. But as mentioned, that seems to be fixed now.

Ian-Canada
Punch Card
Views: 103
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the help it did not fix the problem but I go to the Microsoft store every few days and try to download the Vantage software and for some reason today it started to download so I was able to install Vantage and it seems to be working fine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors