Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 204
Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Vantage starts full screen

Lenovo Vantage opens Full Screen and causes my work to disappear. 

How can I force Vantage to open in a normal window?

Thank you. 

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 198
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Vantage starts full screen

I would uninstall it for starters.

Use Lenovo system Update.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 155
Message 3 of 10

I updated to Windows 10 V1809 today.  System Update failed and Lenovo has apparently fixed both applications. Vantage is working properly and had a hotfix for System Update which is now working correctly. 

I use both applicaions.  Thank you. 

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 130
Message 4 of 10

I haven't seen Vantage open as full-screen.  Does this behavior happen while docked, or undocked, or doesn't matter?  Are you using any display other than built-in laptop screen?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 126
Message 5 of 10

FWIW Vantage starts full-screen regardless of  previous window size on my X1YG1, TP25, TP13 - all undocked, laptop monitor only.  Vantage version 4.15.58.0.

On my X280 Vantage starts w/the previously-used window size (I think - not full-screen anyway).  That's still at 4.13.153.0.  Will run updates and report back...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 117
Message 6 of 10

@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

FWIW Vantage starts full-screen regardless of  previous window size on my X1YG1, TP25, TP13 - all undocked, laptop monitor only.  Vantage version 4.15.58.0.

On my X280 Vantage starts w/the previously-used window size (I think - not full-screen anyway).  That's still at 4.13.153.0.  Will run updates and report back...

Z.

Ran Vantage updates: Intelligent Thermal Solution, BIOS, Hotkey Features.  Vantage now opens full-screen on the X280 and is 4.15.58.0.

IIRC Vantage updates itself silently as a store app so more likely this isn't directly to do with the above updates, but with Vantage updating itself.  (???)

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 110
Message 7 of 10

@zoltanthegypsy wrote:

Got it.  I have asked Vantage test team to check it and provide feedback.

Lenovo Employee hzfdbd
Lenovo Employee
Views: 92
Message 8 of 10

@jdhurst, what do you mean full screen mode, do you still see the close button on the right?

Guru
Views: 81
Message 9 of 10

Weird for my X1Y3 with vantage 4.15.58.0 mine always starts windowed regardless of the state it was left in when shut off.

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may help other forum members as well.
TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 70
Message 10 of 10

I checked with the Vantage product manager and was told this behavior is working as designed.  Depending on your screen resolution and DPI setting, Vantage 4.15.58.0 will either start windowed, or it will start full screen..  For example, 1920x1080 on a 14" screen with 100% DPI, it starts windowed The same screen with 150% DPI, it starts full screen.

It is not designed to remember the window size from the last time you ran the app, and the behavior is not configurable.

Top Kudoed Authors