Options

2 Posts

09-30-2019

CA

2 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo X1 C 7th Gen (20QD), 135W Ultra Docking Station Type 40AJ, no connection to monitors via DP

2019-09-30, 17:38 PM

Hello, my two thinkvision monitors don't connect to my laptop using the dock and DP cables (new cables), but work fine when connected to laptop directly using USB-C cables. The dock was replaced and the new one has the same problem. Dock frimware was updated and all system updates have been done as of 09-30-2019 through vantage. Dock is connected to laptop through thunderbolt 3 port and some ports work fine, for instance, the mouse/keyboard I am using works on the laptop through the dongle when it is connected to the dock (so I think the dock hardware is OK, esp. given that it has been replaced- the DP ports are not likely to be both broken on two separate docks).

Any suggestions?

Equipment:

- Thinkpad X1 Carbon 7th Gen 20QD

- 135W ThinkPad Ultra Docking Station Type 40AJ

- Display Port Cables (Insignia - new)

- 2X ThinkVision P24h-10 monitors

Options

619 Posts

08-02-2018

US

302 Signins

2148 Page Views

• Views: 2148
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo X1 C 7th Gen (20QD), 135W Ultra Docking Station Type 40AJ, DP connection Issue

2019-11-02, 1:35 AM

Hi mackmr!

Thanks for posting in the community,

There's also an Intel Thunderbolt Firmware and Thunderbolt Firmware Update Utility available for X1 Carbon 7th Gen,

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-7th-gen-type-20qd-20qe/downloads/DS540209

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-carbon-7th-gen-type-20qd-20qe/downloads/DS540210

You may also download these and let us know how it goes afterwards.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

09-30-2019

CA

2 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo X1 C 7th Gen (20QD), 135W Ultra Docking Station Type 40AJ, DP connection Issue

2019-11-04, 14:00 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I sent the laptop in for repairs in order to ensure that there were no hardware issues and there were none.

The repair company advised that the laptop worked fine on their dock and when I received it back everything was working fine on my setup so unfortunately I can't advise on what exactly was fixed in order to resolve the problem. It is possible that the firmware updates you described were used to fix the situation.

Thanks again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save