Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
myusrn
Serial Port
Views: 245
Message 11 of 14

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon 2nd gen - Won't POST or boot after BIOS update 1.35

I talked to local lenovo thinkpad warranty service technician and they said the reset button accessible trhough base using a paperclip does the equivalent of disconnecting the internal battery from the system for the duration of time the button is pressed.  It does not carry out a cmos rtc battery disconnect.   

I then booted the system with cmos rtc battery, m.2 ssd drive, wlan card and internal battery all disconnected.  With this configuration the issues i'm experiencing were still occuring although now in a slightly different way.  So the conclusion is none of those disconnected parts were/are contributing to my issues and point even more to it being something wrong with systemboard. 

resonance
Fanfold Paper
Views: 166
Message 12 of 14

Maybe something went wrong during the flashing process. I've experienced similar issues with a Gigabyte board after a failed bios update. You could try to use the recovery method described in this thread or to flash an older bios by using an eeprom programmer (i.e. CH341A devices), which you can buy for cheap on ebay.

I hope you're successful!

--resonance

myusrn
Serial Port
Views: 157
Message 13 of 14

I had used the computer for just over a month since i flashed to v1.35 of bios so nothing went wrong with the flashing process this was an event that arose long after that last bios update flashing.

I have sold the computer on ebay for parts because the cost of a new systemboard outweighs what it is worth once it is up and running again.  If i could have gotten a replacement systemboard for $100 it would have been worth trying but they were all $250 and up in price.

oconradsen
What's DOS?
Views: 114
Message 14 of 14

I have the same issue with my Lenovo Carbon X1 Type  20A8-003XHV with  Intel I7  and 8 GB of RAM,

After lenovo update ,  the Display is dead, the external monitor is dead, however my Function key ribbon is also working and even  turn light on of on keyboard.

In my case  windows is able to boot sometimes, but dies after few minutes, or the display is full of stripes .

if I leave the pc off for  some time  more than 5 minutes then is  able to show the splash screen, and I can go into bios settings with F1.

But  No solution to boot

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors