cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Masaud1
What's DOS?
Views: 319
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo X1 Carbon 3rd gen not booting from the Windows10 16GB USB recovery lenovo sent to me

Hi, I bought my laptop with windows 7 pro , later i requested for windows 10 pro recovery and lenovo sent to me a 16GB USB recovery drive containing windows 10 pro version. Problem i am facing it i can not boot my laptop from this USB. As i checked there are window 10 pro files in USB but i can not see an iso image in the USB , and when i go to my system bios option make usb as first bootable device then boot the system it do not recognize that a bootable usb exits or boots from it. Kindly support

Snapshot of files in USB is attached

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 314
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon 3rd gen not booting from the Windows10 16GB USB recovery lenovo sent to me

Boot into the BIOS.  Hit F9 to reset defaults.  Then, under startup, change to UEFI only.  Reboot.  Hit enter when you see tha splash screen, then F12.  Boot foom USB.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Top Kudoed Authors