cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oblivionplanb
Paper Tape
Views: 734
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo X1 Carbon (4th gen) WWAN does not connect after Win10 fall creators update

Hi!

After upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update I experience the problem that the wwan card cannot connect anymore.

When trying to connect the error message "Can`t connect to this network. Enter an APN and try again".

I`ve tried serveral drivers for the wwan adapter but with no results. APN is set. Uninstalled and installed the wwan adapter, clear the apn and configured it new, installed fall creators update again, etc. nothing seemed to work.

One odd think. If i disable Wifi and reboot the device the wwan card works. I can enable the wifi adapter and it still works. But if i boot with wifi and wwan adapter enabled, wwan doesnt work.

Do you have any ideas what would help?!

Update: WWAN Card Sierra Wireless EM7455

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 676
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon (4th gen) WWAN does not connect after Win10 fall creators update

Welcome to the Community

Unfortunately, this issue is frequent enough once Fall Creators Update has been applyed.

1. It might be related with em7455 firmware. Check it out. Open command prompt window (cmd), execute the following string:
netsh mbn sh int

2. Possible workaround.
Check out modem's power management settings in Device Manager, whether the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unticked.

Right now I can't explain how the wlan card influences to the wwan card behavior.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 675
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon (4th gen) WWAN does not connect after Win10 fall creators update

Does this issue persist after laptop cold boot, reboot, resume from either the sleep or hibernation mode?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

oblivionplanb
Paper Tape
Views: 656
Message 4 of 4

Hi!

Updating the firmware of the WWAN controller seemed to do the trick. It's working now.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Paul

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors