cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NY_User
What's DOS?
Views: 297
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Generation Fails to Display Desktop For More than Ten Minutes

I have just purchased and successfully set up a new Lenovo X1 Carbon 6th Generation Thinkpad.  From the beginning I have experienced a very frustrating and odd problem.  When I turn the machine on, it immediately prompts me to log in using my fingerprint, pin, etc. exactly as it should.  However, no matter how I log-in (fingerprint, pin, etc.), the same problem then happens.  The screen goes black rather than displaying my desktop.  If I manipulate the touchpad or erasure head, I immediately see the cursor pointer on the black screen.  I am able to use CNTRL-ALT-DELETE to access Task Manager and then can see that all standard processes are running.  However, the screen remains black (behind Task Manager) and fails to display my desktop.  Typically if I allow the machine to sit -- without doing anything else whatsoever (i.e., without touching it) -- for a lengthy and variable period between about 8 and 14 minutes, my desktop suddenly appears and the machine otherwise operates normally.  The machine has acted in this fashion since I first set it up without any perceived issues during the setup process.  Has anyone experienced this and is there any known solution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors