Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilikemerice
What's DOS?
Views: 393
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo X1 Carbon Screen hinge broken

Hi everyone, the right screen hinge on my 2014(?) Lenovo x1 carbon snapped off and i was wondering if there was any fix to this? 

I'm pretty choked about this, hopefully there is some way that i can fix it myself or i can send it in to be fixed for cheap. 

Thanks in advance! 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 388
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon Screen hinge broken

Unless you have taken that kind of screen apart before, I suggest professional help.  The panels are fragile and the antenna wires need to be removed and rerun.  All that comes after disassembling the body.  If you do it yourself, I suggest taking a lot of pictures during the process, showing how the wires are run.  On that model, some of the wires run under the motherboard and some over.  Unless you have done it, it is hard to figure out.  The pinch connectors on the motherboard are also easy to break.  There are several threads where people break them, ruining the motherboard

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
Snehasish3
What's DOS?
Views: 143
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon Screen hinge broken

I just had the very same issue (right side hinge) on my 3rd gen x1 Carbon. It would be great if you could update the thread with how you addressed the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors