Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
pawelkul
What's DOS?
Views: 870
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo X1 Carbon keyboard key remapping

Hi, I have a version of Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon with really weird keyboard. The left Shift key is smaller (half of the regular sized Shift in other Lenovos) and between the left Shift and the "Z" key there is another button marked with two arrows (arrow ">" on the top corner of the key and arrow "<" below), however it's function is identical to the slash key placed next to the Enter (the one doing "\" and "|"). Rarely I use the slash, and I have never used the "|" line, so I don't need two buttons doing the same thing. But the left Shift I use frequently and it's too small for me. I'd love to remap the useless key with arrows and make it the second left Shift key (so no matter which key, left Shift or the useless arrows key I hit, I get the same effect - Shift effect).

In the attachment you can see pic of the keybord, so that you know what I mean. I have no clue how this weird arrows key is named and why the keyboard have two keys with identical role placed in different places and marked with differeny symbols.

Please, please, please tell me there is a way to do it. Because user experience now is extremely painful.

Thanks

MarcusO
SCSI Port
Views: 775
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon keyboard key remapping

That is an odd keyboard!

What OS are you using? I use AutoHotKey for remapping on my Windows machine. I'm not sure it can turn a random key into a shift key but you could try.

pawelkul
What's DOS?
Views: 765
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo X1 Carbon keyboard key remapping

Thanks for the reply. I'm also using Windows (10) and I've already found a solution. I used a KeyTweak software that allows user to remap any key, even in a keyboard as weird as in my case.

So if anyone has the same issue - just download KeyTweak and you'll be done in less than 5 mins.

Btw, Lenovo, huge congrats for designing the weirdest keyboard I've ever seen! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors