Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cpettigrew
Paper Tape
Views: 1,819
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo X1 Extreme - Shocking Battery Life

I have been having no luck with regards to this laptop and its quite appalling battery life!  I have had the machine since November 2018 and according to my Windows 10 Battery Report my Estimated Avg battery life is 2h47min.  This is a FAR cry from the 7+ hours advertised.  This is running Chrome and Visual Studio Code. 

I would like an actual answer from a Lenovo Representative regarding this as this is a far cry from what I was expecting!

yfnew
Token Ring
Views: 1,791
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo X1 Extreme - Shocking Battery Life

I am also running Chrome and VS Code on my P1, which has the same hardware as X1 Extreme, but on Linux. I can get 7-8 hour battery life when running Intel GPU. Battery life with NVIDIA GPU is much shorter. If you connect your laptop to external monitors, it has to run NVIDIA GPU, so that might be affecting battery life.
cpettigrew
Paper Tape
Views: 1,789
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo X1 Extreme - Shocking Battery Life

When i am running it in the office i have it plugged in (Limit battery charge to 80% during connected usage) and the battery life issue i am having is during use in 'Laptop mode' on the sofa etc.  My 3 year old Surface Laptop destroys this laptop on battery life and I have never hit anywhere close to 4 hours even when web browsing only on this X1!

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors