Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joesixgig
802.11n
Views: 99
Message 11 of 14

Re: Lenovo X1 Yoga 3rd Generation: not impressed

@hytekj wrote:

Probably a Windows 10 issue but... Getting BSOD now after Windows updated to KB4464330. It was running without issue on 1809 for the past week and now every time I power on from hibernation it throws a BSOD with error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"

Ouch, you're not having much luck! I haven't seen that myself. Have you ever run the Lenovo Vantage app? Search for it in the Windows Store to make sure you have the most up to date version. Then check for all updates under System Update (patience needed, the app isn't fast..). There may be updates for your X1Y3 that MS isn't pushing, but that Vantage will recommend. 

On a positive note, at least the trackpoint drift problem seems to have been fixed! 

hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 79
Message 12 of 14

@joesixgig wrote:

@hytekj wrote:

Probably a Windows 10 issue but... Getting BSOD now after Windows updated to KB4464330. It was running without issue on 1809 for the past week and now every time I power on from hibernation it throws a BSOD with error "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"

Ouch, you're not having much luck! I haven't seen that myself. Have you ever run the Lenovo Vantage app? Search for it in the Windows Store to make sure you have the most up to date version. Then check for all updates under System Update (patience needed, the app isn't fast..). There may be updates for your X1Y3 that MS isn't pushing, but that Vantage will recommend. 

On a positive note, at least the trackpoint drift problem seems to have been fixed! 

Thanks but I manually went through every single driver and compared to what is on Lenovo's website and made updates accordingly. There are no new drivers released by Lenovo in the past week that would apply.

While the trackpoint drift problem may have been fixed, my touchpad still freezes up regularly. Hard to tell if its a Windows 10 issue, Lenovo hardware issue, or driver issue.

Its a shame that PC hardware has gone down in quality as has Windows OS.

hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 66
Message 13 of 14

So I am noticing erratic behaviour with the fingerprint reader during boot as well.  When I try to use my fingerprint in place of the HD password, it sometimes says OK and validates the fingerprint but still prompts me for a password, other times it has no problem and proceeds to load Windows, and some times it just fails and I have to enter the password. Very inconsistent...

hytekj
Punch Card
Views: 35
Message 14 of 14

I have made the decision to return the machine. I was planning to buy more machines if it worked well but there were just too many issues and Lenovo remaining silent / not resolving the ghost touch issue and paint coming off is very bad. The first rep I spoke with insisted that I must go through tech support to try to resolve issues before I would be allowed to return the machine. I 'HUCA'd' and got a rep and simply said I didnt like the machine and wanted to return it for a full refund and got a RMA. I really did not like the HDR screen. My Surface Book 2 screen is far superior except for the fact it is so darn reflective. I did not think the text was clear and the smaller aspect ratio with so much dead space just bothered me. I might give it another try if Lenovo resolves issues, perhaps the next generation.

Top Kudoed Authors