AT

4 Signins

12 Page Views

• Views: 12
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo X1 Yoga: Auto Rotation lock is grayed out

2018-07-24, 20:09 PM

Hello,

since a year or so I have a Lenovo X1 yoga running on 64-bit Windows 10. So far without any problems.

Yesterday late in the evening I updated my computer via Lenovo Vantage. Today, several hours later, during a meeting I wanted to take a note with OneNote and the pen. Because I like to use the Lenovo in this scenario like a booklet I used the short cut Ctrl+Alt+Left arrow to switch the orientation. This time the screen didn't respond. Also turning the Lenovo in such a way that the Auto Rotation feature will do its job didn't work. So I looked into the display settings, etc. and saw that the Auto Rotation feature were disabled.

Two hours later searching the internet and trying all the steps in article https://windowsreport.com/rotation-lock-grayed-windows-10/#9 (except the last one, namely resetting the system) my Lenovo still wasn't running smoothly ...

At the end you'll find some some screen shots regarding the update status.

Help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Gerhard

Options

2 Posts

08-29-2018

PL

11 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo X1 Yoga: Auto Rotation lock is grayed out

2018-09-08, 22:15 PM

I have the same problem with my X1 Yoga 3rd Gen. Additionally, https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Tablets/Rotation-Lock-is-greyed-out-in-X1-Tablet-Gen3/m-p/4175196 seems to describe the same problem as mine, but on X1 Tablet 3rd Gen.

Most of the time when it wakes up from sleep, it's stuck in either tablet or laptop hardware mode:

- either the keyboard and the trackpoint/touchpad don't respond,

- or the touchpad stays enabled even when the laptop is flipped into tablet form.

When this happens, Windows does not switch to/from tablet mode automatically when the laptop is flipped.

- If it's stuck in laptop hardware mode, "rotation lock" is grayed out;

- if in tablet hardware mode, it is not grayed out.

In both cases, it does not rotate automatically, but rotation can be changed manually in display settings.

Rebooting or hibernating and turning the laptop on again makes everything work.

I have tried the SensorInfo application. When the laptop is stuck in one mode, either of the following happens:

- The "SimpleOrientationSensor" shows "Faceup" when the laptop is flipped into tablet form, and "Rotated 270" when the screen is rotated clockwise into portrait orientation. Windows still does not rotate the display - the same behavior as in laptop hardware mode.

- All the sensor tabs return no data or zeroes. Windows also does not rotate the display.

All the updates available from Windows Update and Lenovo Vantage are installed.

Options

2 Posts

08-29-2018

PL

11 Signins

126 Page Views

• Views: 126
  • Message 3 of 4

2018-10-07, 11:52 AM

I have made a warranty service request about this. A service engineer came and replaced the motherboard on 2018-10-04. I have updated the BIOS and 3 more packages (see the attachment) right after that. The problem hasn't happened since then.

Options

1 Posts

02-01-2019

SA

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-02-01, 19:35 PM
any more simple solution rather than changing motherboard ??!!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete