US

70 Signins

453 Page Views

• Views: 453
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo X1 Yoga Fingerprint scanner not enabled after motherboard swap

2017-04-27, 23:11 PM

Hello,

I had a fault in my Leovo X1 Yoga motherboard and got it replaced today.  After the new one was installed, the fingerprint reader stopped working correctly.  Specifically:

1. It shows up as working in Device Manager (I tried updating the driver, but it says the driver is already up to date).

2. I can go into "windows hello" and go through the registration process.  However, once the fingerprint registration process is completed, windows hello doesn't update the status.  If I click on "set up" again, it starts all over as if I hadn't done it yet.

3. On boot up, the fingerprint reader no longer activates.

4. In rhe BIOS I confirmed that it is still set to use the fingerprint reader.

The fact I can go through registration shows me that electrically, the reader is working fine. But that's the only thing that seems to make it work. 

Any ideas are much appreciated!

-Drew

Options

12 Posts

09-25-2015

US

70 Signins

453 Page Views

• Views: 453
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo X1 Yoga Fingerprint scanner not enabled after motherboard swap

2017-05-06, 2:33 AM

Update:  I tried a factory reset, wiping absolutely everything in the process. 

To do it you have to download the factory software wipe/install app from Lenovo, run it (it will install onto a thumb drive) and then boot from the thumb drive.   It will prompt you about wiping the security data as well.  Say "yes." 

Once you've wiped everthing, the system will finally recognize the fingerprint scanner and work again.  Unfortunatly, you'll also have to re-install everything, too. :(

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save