10-11-2017 12:42 AM
I have 2 Lenovo devices:
-Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga, i7-7500U, 16GB, SSD 512GB, WQHD OLED 14inch touch, LTE, W10P
-Lenovo ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock - Port Replicator - (Thunderbolt 3) - GigE
-And i have 2 monitors whit a DisplayPort connection. These are connected with the dock.
What i try to do:
I wont to work whit these 2 monitors and whit the monitor from the X1 Yoga itself.
It only works with 2 screens at the same time...
- If the laptop is open. I can work whit the screen from the notebook and wiht 1 external monitor.
- If I close the laptop. I can work whit both external monitors.
- But when I open the laptop again. 1 Monitor turn into black.
I updated everything whit the Lenovo System Update Tool. Everything is up-to-date.
Also the Windows Updates are Up-to-date.
Manually checked from the Intel website, also everything is up-to-date.
Is there anyone else having this problem? Any advices?
Thanks a lot & Greetings
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-12-2017 03:26 AM
ThinkPad development team provided me the below information.
ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd system supports up to three monitor configuration. i.e. LCD + two external monitors.
Please try to enable the external two monitors and LCD from Intel Graphics user interface as below steps.
Note that each external monito's maximum resolution is 4K , UHD-1(3820x2160) or DCI-4K(4096x2160)
if one of external monitor exceeds 4K resolution, no chance to use 2 external monitors at a time.
01-05-2018 04:10 AM
I am thinking to buy this dockingstation (Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Dock) for my laptop (T470, which is supported).
I would like to use 2 external monitors beside the laptop monitor.
Now the questions is:
1. If I use 4k monitors, (both with DP) the refresh rate is goint down to 30Hz according to the manual from the dockinstation, which is not sufficient for me.
2. If I use 2 WQHD Monitors instead of 4k's, could you tell me, what refresh rate the docking will provide. In the manual are ONLY the highest possible resolution stated.
Thanks in advance for your help.