cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
guuuch
Paper Tape
Views: 1,510
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo X1 Yoga & Thunderbolt Dock -> only 2 Monitors at the same time are working

Hi

I have 2 Lenovo devices:

-Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga, i7-7500U, 16GB, SSD 512GB, WQHD OLED 14inch touch, LTE, W10P
-Lenovo ThinkPad Thunderbolt 3 Dock - Port Replicator - (Thunderbolt 3) - GigE

-And i have 2 monitors whit a DisplayPort connection. These are connected with the dock.

What i try to do:

I wont to work whit these 2 monitors and whit the monitor from the X1 Yoga itself.

My Problem:

It only works with 2 screens at the same time...

- If the laptop is open. I can work whit the screen from the notebook and wiht 1 external monitor.

- If I close the laptop. I can work whit both external monitors.

- But when I open the laptop again. 1 Monitor turn into black.

I updated everything whit the Lenovo System Update Tool. Everything is up-to-date.

Also the Windows Updates are Up-to-date.

Manually checked from the Intel website, also everything is up-to-date.

Is there anyone else having this problem? Any advices?

Thanks a lot & Greetings

Lenovo Employee Rydeen
Lenovo Employee
Views: 1,424
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo X1 Yoga & Thunderbolt Dock -> only 2 Monitors at the same time are working

Dear guuuch,

ThinkPad development team provided me the below information.

ThinkPad X1 Yoga 2nd system supports up to three monitor configuration.  i.e.  LCD + two external monitors.

Please try to enable the external two monitors and LCD from Intel Graphics user interface as below steps.

1. Click Desktop =>  Select Intel Graphics Settings
  2. After open Intel Graphics Control Panel, select the “Multiple Displays”
  3. Select “Clone Displays” or “Extended Desktop” that you would like to set.
  4. After select it, you can see the monitor setting / selection three windows in the menu and you can select any three monitors from here.

Note that each external monito's maximum resolution is 4K , UHD-1(3820x2160) or DCI-4K(4096x2160)

if one of external monitor exceeds 4K resolution, no chance to use 2 external monitors at a time.

Thank you.

Gustav01
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,171
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo X1 Yoga & Thunderbolt Dock -> only 2 Monitors at the same time are working

Hy Reeden

I am thinking to buy this dockingstation (Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Dock) for my laptop (T470, which is supported).

I would like to use 2 external monitors beside the laptop monitor.

Now the questions is:

1. If I use 4k monitors, (both with DP) the refresh rate is goint down to 30Hz according to the manual from the dockinstation, which is not sufficient for me.

2. If I use 2 WQHD Monitors instead of 4k's, could you tell me, what refresh rate the docking will provide. In the manual are ONLY the highest possible resolution stated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gustav

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors