Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arcwin
Paper Tape
Views: 594
Message 1 of 18

Lenovo X1 Yoga touchscreen/stylus "not found" after recent BIOS flash/update

Hi, I recently updated the X1 yoga 1st gen to the pushed out updates.

This laptop, other than the battery life decreasing (expected) has been doing fine.

However, after the recently pushed out updates, it stopped recognizing touch and stylus.

This maching was fine just prior to the BIOS flash and updates. 

I tried to install the new 9/14 touchscreen drivers and it says "Target device not found" (even though it was working immediately prior to updates. (other topics similar to this are not pertinent to this situation)

My suspicion is that it is triggered by soft ware - BIOS, but I can't quite roll that back.

I would appreciate any help.

amansour
Paper Tape
Views: 529
Message 2 of 18

Re: Lenovo X1 Yoga touchscreen/stylus "not found" after recent BIOS flash/update

hello,

I have recently had the same problem and located the solution.

The Problem:  Touch Firmware Update Tool for ThinkPad X1 Yoga fails and after device manager detects that compliant touch screen and pen are both disconnected.

Solution to fix this issue is to reset the system board, on the bottom of the machine there is a hole for rebooting, grab a thin paper clip and make sure the device is not connected to power. This will reset the laptop and when it comes back on, touch functionality is restored.

arcwin
Paper Tape
Views: 525
Message 3 of 18

Re: Lenovo X1 Yoga touchscreen/stylus "not found" after recent BIOS flash/update

Thank you for your reply! I appreciate your taking time to help.

Quick question - when I hard reset, will it factory reset the laptop?

i.e., obviously I will back up everything, but will it wipe to factory? (I suspect not, but I would appreciate your advice/answer)
amansour
Paper Tape
Views: 522
Message 4 of 18

Hard drive and data within is unaffected.

arcwin
Paper Tape
Views: 520
Message 5 of 18

Many thanks for your time and help.

I will give it a shot when I get back to the office to see if it (hopefully) fixes this issue!

I hope you have a wonderful day.
amansour
Paper Tape
Views: 519
Message 6 of 18

Hardrive and data within are unaffected by resetting the system board. Still have not attempted to update again

arcwin
Paper Tape
Views: 517
Message 7 of 18

I see. I take it to mean that once you reset, it will once AGAIN ask to update the touch firmware?

In that case, I take it you have deferred update, correct?

One would think the firmware would take that into account...
amansour
Paper Tape
Views: 505
Message 8 of 18

Yes in system update it is in the recommended category 

i can confirm that the update countinues to fail.

arcwin
Paper Tape
Views: 503
Message 9 of 18

Got it. That's quite irritating.

While I was looking at the forums, I noticed that lenovo vantage updates were tragically behind the actually pushed out updates on the support page.

Did they later push out a touch update that fixes this issue that vantage is missing?
amansour
Paper Tape
Views: 499
Message 10 of 18

I am unsure but do you know how to report this to Lenovo?

it is not good that they are pushing out updates that are causing target components to fail

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors