11-28-2011

CA

17 Signins

112 Page Views

• Views: 112
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo X140e battery will not charge

2019-10-27, 2:05 AM

I bought a new battery for my X140e Laptop. It fits perfectly, and the computer runs on the new battery. But it will not charge. At the moment the meter indicates "37% available (plugged in, not charging). " Have scoured the Internet, tried various fixes, including shutting the laptop down, taking out the battery, holding the off button down for 10 - 30 seconds, still no joy. I also often get "The battery installed is not supported by the system and will not charge." But it always boots (Windows 7) and runs fine, except it just won't charge the battery.  I confess, it's an aftermarket battery, not a Lenovo battery. But how can that company stay in business if their batteries never work? Any advice warmly welcomed!  Cheers, Jim

Options

1815 Posts

08-02-2018

US

697 Signins

10126 Page Views

• Views: 10126
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo X140e battery will not charge

2020-01-02, 17:49 PM

Hi jimkenzie! Welcome to our forums community. Could you try uninstalling the battery driver under the device manager? Try installing the updates from this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x140e/downloads/driver-list/. Don't forget to change the OS to Windows 7. Let us know if this works for you.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete