Lenovo X220 PSU

2013-02-04, 10:20 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for clicking.

About 6 months ago I ordered an X220 with the following specs:

Intel Core i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz

6 GB memory

Win 7 Pro.

It was really quite expensive, and it is still fairly new. The mains socket in the back has come loose, meaning I can't charge it at home. I work in IT and always take care with my kit. I have used HP Laptops and Dell Laptops for years on end and never had anything like this happen before.

I called customer care and was told this isn't covered under warranty. I order tens of £thousands of Lenovo kit every year and I've never had anything as daft as this. Surely the fact that this laptop cost me about £1700 and it is less than 6 months old means that I should expect a certain amount of integrity, especiialy from a manufacturer who prides themselves on the ruggedness of their kit?

Does anybody have any advice?

Does anybody agree that this is a bit silly?

I asked to speak to the customer care assistants manager and was told he was unavailable, I asked to speak to his managers manager and was he told he would also be unavailable.

Anyways, rant over.

Thanks in advance for your time all!

Charles

Options

642 Posts

12-11-2012

Raleigh, NC

370 Signins

26193 Page Views

• Views: 26193
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo X220 PSU

2013-02-05, 18:10 PM

Hey there Viper334 and Welcome to the Forums!

It is very unfortunate that you are experiencing this issue with your machine. And I would like to gain a little bit more clarity on what you are experiencing, are referring to the socket where the ac adapter plugs in? Thank you.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save