cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lloydie_htfc
Paper Tape
Views: 6,155
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo X230 + bluetooth + Windows 10 issues.

Hi.

I've got an x230 with Windows 10 installed(Build 10240) and have bought a bluetooth bdc (FRU 60Y3305) and installed it into the laptop.

Device manager is unable to see the bluetooth chip before or after I've instlled any of the drivers. I have tried a number of different driver packages. Some have come back with windws saying that "Broadcom Bluetooth Software doesn't work on this version of windows" and one that a number of people seem to have got working said that it couldn't detect any Broadcom Bluetooth hardware.

I have a feeling that this isnt going to work  but some people on the internet seem to have got it to work!?

Has andybody got any info on this?

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,151
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo X230 + bluetooth + Windows 10 issues.

Hi and welcome, Lloydie_htfc

Make sure BT card is enabled in the BIOS Setup - Security menu - I/O Port Access. Then you shold see some Brodcom BT card related item in the Device Manager, at least as a hidden/unknown one.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Lloydie_htfc
Paper Tape
Views: 6,145
Message 3 of 6

Hi x220forme

I have chacked the BIOS and Bluetooth is Enabled. I'm still unable to see the Bluetooth card in Device Manager even with 'Show Hidden Devices' selected.

Thanks

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 6,135
Message 4 of 6

BT device (and its virtual devices - profiles) should appear in the Device Manager once BT is enabled in the wireless devices control window (Fn+F5).

In my case (x220, win7) the behaviour is exact I'm writing. The only difference with your case the drivers are installed. BT device is placed under one of the Root USB Hub -> Generic USB Hub (choose View - Devices by connection, expand threads). If BT adapter is disabled in the Fn+F5 window, its devices disappear completely.

So, Lenovo Power Management Driver and Hotkey Features Integration package should be installed. Then try Fn+F5.

BTW, for other laptop devices control Lenovo Settings Dependency and Lenovo Settings metro app from the msstore are needed too.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Lloydie_htfc
Paper Tape
Views: 6,120
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the reply x220forme,

When I press Fn + F5 this pulls out the notifications table from the right of the screen and disables Wifi and Enables Flight Mode and vis versa.

I have installed Lenovo Power Management & Hotkey Features then tried Fn + F5 but this still does the same as above. In the Windows settings > Devices, I have no options to enable / disable Bluetooth. Also No option in the notification table that pulls out from the right hand side of the screen.

I have since had a look at the FRU no from the BT card and its:  60Y3303 Not   60Y3305.

Have also tried the Lonovo Setting Dependency and Lenovo Settings App. Still nothing and no wireless control when pressing Fn + F5.

I have looked in Device manage and there is 2 Generic USB Hub but this is linked to the Intel 7 Series C216 chip set.

There doesn't seem to be any acknowledgement of the BT adapter within windows.

Lloydie_htfc
Paper Tape
Views: 6,055
Message 6 of 6

Found the solution to my issue.

The BIOS needed updating, once this was updated the Bluetooth chip was recognised and working.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors