Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emmemm1
Paper Tape
Views: 263
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo X230T does not boot

Dear all,

after going to sleep caused by low battery level, my X230T does not boot again- besides the sleep, orange battery and the WIFI LED there is no light. Those three are turned on constantly (no blinking)

It does NOT help:

- Change CMOS battery

- Plug-in AC-supply without CMOS battery attached

After all resetting measures, there are no lights turned on. After pressing the power button, the mentioned three LEDs will turn on. There is no fan, no noise from the computer.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Matthias

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 230
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo X230T does not boot

Hello

Does the laptop boot up w/out battery connected?
Did you perform the BIOS/EC/ACPI subsystem reset w/out battery and AC charger connected holding the power button during 20...30 seconds?

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

emmemm1
Paper Tape
Views: 224
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

no, no booting at all, just the three lights turn on.

I tried:

- pushing longer than 30secs and several times for 2 secs power button without having battery, AC-charger or CMOS-battery attached

- pushing longer than 30 secs and several times for 2 secs power button without having battery, AC-charger BUT WITH CMOS-battery attached

Every time same result...

Best,

Matthias

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 219
Message 4 of 6

Matthias,

try to find another x230 compatible AC charger and use it w/out battery. There is a chance the charger is broken.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

emmemm1
Paper Tape
Views: 217
Message 5 of 6

hi, thanks!
well, I've ruled out the AC Charger (I've tried three) and battery (I've tried two).
I find it very strange that the orange battery LED, the moon LED and the WIFI Led are on after pushing the button when on battery and directly after inserting the AC plug when without battery...
gggirlgeek
Fanfold Paper
Views: 195
Message 6 of 6

I don't think you removed the CMOS battery. That is a watch-sized battery attached to the motherboard inside the computer. You have to disassemble the laptop to access it. You mean the regular black, long battery at the back of the laptop, yes?

If it cannot boot to BIOS Setup (F1 during boot) it sounds like the motherboard may need to be looked at. Call customer service.

You could, actually, have someone try and reset the BIOS/UEFI by removing the CMOS battery (on the motherboard) for 5 minutes and replacing it. I don't think this will work, though, if you're getting no power at all.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors