Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omcg
Paper Tape
Views: 252
Message 1 of 15

Lenovo X230i integrated camera not working

Hi there, 

I have a Lenovo X230i and my integrated camera is not working. Does anyone happen to know why? When ever i go to the camera app, it launches but only a camera symbol appears with a line through it on a grey background. 

The device manager lists the integrated camera and under device status it says the device is working properly. In privacy settings the device is allowed access to the camera and various apps are allowed access to my camera. 

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks! 

Guru
Views: 231
Message 2 of 15

Re: Lenovo X230i integrated camera not working

It looks like camera was disabled by software. What operating system are you using?

------
spinbutton
Fanfold Paper
Views: 224
Message 3 of 15

Hi, I'm sorry to hear your camera is giving you trouble. 

The camera privacy setting may be on. Check in the OS Settings, there is a page for Camera (you can click on the Windows icon on the taskbar and type 'camera privacy' and hopefully the search results wil show you the correct page. 

If you have Lenovo Vantage installed, you can go into the Hardware Settings section and in the Audio/Visual section is the camera privacy mode. You can make sure your camera is not in privacy mode, adn thus, available to any app that wants it. 

If you change it on place, your choice should be reflected in both - but you might want to check to make sure. 

I hope this fixes it for you

omcg
Paper Tape
Views: 201
Message 4 of 15

Hello, thanks for getting back to me. I'm using Windows 7

omcg
Paper Tape
Views: 200
Message 5 of 15

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to me. It's not the privacy settings unfortunately. In privacy settings the device is allowed access to the camera and various apps are allowed access to my camera too. Thanks

Guru
Views: 197
Message 6 of 15

Windows 7 required additional application to enable/disable camera. IIRC, it was called ThinkVantage Communication Utility. You will find it there.

------
omcg
Paper Tape
Views: 187
Message 7 of 15

Thank you. Unfortunately it still doesn't seem to get it to work. I've downloaded, installed it and restarted my computer and still my camera doesn't work. 

Guru
Views: 183
Message 8 of 15

You have to open the application and look for an option which blocks/hide camera's image.

------
omcg
Paper Tape
Views: 178
Message 9 of 15

Hi, thanks so much for your help and apologies for the further questions but how do i open the application? I've tried searching for ThinkVantage Communication Utility but that doesn't return anything and if i go to the location where the download was saved, only a setup.exe file exists. 

Guru
Views: 173
Message 10 of 15

Once application is installed, use key combination - FN+F6 to open it. Make sure to install Hotkey Features Integration package. Otherwise this key combination will not work.

------

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors