Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MUTSAM
What's DOS?
Views: 101
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo X240 not switching on

My lenovo X240 thinkpad is not switching on after putting it onto sleep mode. The Fn, f4 and f2 lights are switching on together with the power button and continue flickering on and off but screen is blank. The computer is also making a sound like a fan or something. I have tried to remove and replace the internal battery and the RAM but nothing has helped. Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

AM-S
Punch Card
Views: 54
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo X240 not switching on

"Sound like a fan" makes me think scary thoughts, because there can be only two rotating devices in an X240--one fan, and (possibly) one hard drive.  If there's an SSD instead of a hard drive, then the fan is the only thing that can physically make noises.

If you have a hard drive,, as opposed to SSD, you could be looking at a total drive failure.  Is it possible that's what you're hearing?

MUTSAM
What's DOS?
Views: 45
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo X240 not switching on

Hello, thought it was the hard drive and removed it but was working well on another computer. The computer is no longer making the sound but flickers the lights once except the power button which remains on and screen is blank.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors