Did you mean: 
alpilter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 564
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo X250 Brand new ORIGINAL 6 Cell Battery is not original warning

Sorry for long post but i really need help.Smiley Sad

Hello Sir/Madam

I own a Thinkpad X250 and after my original main battery is over 1015 charge cycle i bought a brand new 6 Cell battery for my x250 model.

After 27th charge cycle i got a message is saying that "the battery installed is not supported by this system and will not charge"  and i've got this message after charging computer while it was off also i used computer few times and at 3rd time i boot, i've got that message. Laptop is using battery right now its healthy i have 8 hours of battery left. It is discharging i can get all the readings from battery as usual  voltage, degree, capacity, remaining capacity. I have tried few things but non of them got it working again. I can charge the 3 cell battery without warning i have 2 chargers one is 45W the other one is 90W. I have tried to charge via docking station. Couldnt changed anything. I saw a posting on reddit saying just shutdown and press and hold 15-20 secs. I did it laptop turned on and off again but same warning tried to Perform Reset didnt worked some internal error happened. Tried to update Firmware of the battery but it gave me an error and forced laptop to shutdown. I will be glad for anyhelp cause i am 15000kms away from home and i will stay for 4 months for job and also i have no chance to get a new battery or technical service atm. 

Thanks 

San Alp Ilter

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 522
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo X250 Brand new ORIGINAL 6 Cell Battery is not original warning

Hi

Could you provide new battery's sticker photo? As well the battery status in Lenovo Vantage, below the data on your snapshot attached above.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

alpilter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 520
Message 3 of 12

Hi there,

Yes sir but I can do that in few hours because I am working now and I dont have it with me.

Thank you. ☺

alpilter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 492
Message 4 of 12

Here you go Smiley Happy sorry for delay was too busy

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 484
Message 5 of 12

Despite you haven't provided entire sticker image as well the data from LV, just this image is enough to say - the battery is a fake. It (or its case) could be Lenovo genuine initially but it's a fake now, no doubt.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

alpilter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 476
Message 6 of 12

At the first post there is image and what sticker you want more ?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 471
Message 7 of 12

I meant entire battery sticker, not only small fragment. Initial post has an image which shows LV battery status (features) partially, scroll down for additional info.
Though, no information is needed for the conclusion.

alpilter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 445
Message 8 of 12

And gonna post other information here is complete sticker

alpilter
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 443
Message 9 of 12

is this the that you are asking for ?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 430
Message 10 of 12

It's a fake.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors