Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,805
Message 21 of 79

Re: Lenovo X270 noisy fan

Tom139

We are checking to make sure the fan on/off temperature points for X270 are set correctly in the BIOS.

If they are, then my point was that there might be something wrong with your specific fan/heatsink and might need warranty service for it.

Guillo1
Punch Card
Views: 1,802
Message 22 of 79

I hope you find an error on the Bios, as it is so annoying to listen constantly to the fan running. See print screen. The temperature never goes under 49..., of course i am running a few programs, but nothing out of the ordinary. 

Another annoying thing about the fan is that the generated sound is a bit acute, so goes directly into my nerves...

The laptop is on the docking station. 

Regards

Diego

FNyairo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,691
Message 23 of 79

Hello

I have similar problem, I called warranty, they changed the fan, but the problem is still right there. They promised to replace the system board... I am waiting for the part. I wonder, I could be losing faith in Lenovo...

i7-7500u, 16Gb,512ssd

gizmoboy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,638
Message 24 of 79

Hi,

I also have this annoying problem. Last week I had an upgrade from X220 to X270 at long last and some minutes later it became a nightmare. X270 is much faster than X220 but this noisy **bleep** is going to kill us in the office. As the other guys said X270 is way too loud, especially when we take into consideration that it's not a low-end trash, it's an expensive business laptop. It usually sounds like a supersonic jet but it turned out that it can imitate a tractor or the outdoor unit of an air conditioning system. Unbelievable.

Looking forward to a solution (and a silent office again).

Have a nice day,

Ákos

Kilsgaard
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,620
Message 25 of 79

Hi

Is there any solution to this problem yet?

My X270 20HN is running over 30db most of the time :-(

The fan is always noicy and i can see when i use CPUID that the temp of the cpu with under 10% cpu utilization is over 50 degrees C.

2017-08-02 08_54_43-Clipboard.png

I have had the x240, x250 and x260 and have never had souch a noicy Thinkpad before :-(

The noice is worse when the computer is docked in my Thinkpad Ultra dock Port replicator (but that is also when i am using the most cpu Smiley Tongue)

I am running windows 10 Enterprise (Newest build) with the newsst driver updates from Lenovo System Update!

Hope for a sloution Thanks on adwance :-)

/Graves

madoll
Paper Tape
Views: 1,611
Message 26 of 79

I'd like to confirm the noisy fan on X270 20HMS0MQ00 BIOS 1.18.

One thing I notice from CPUID HWMonitori is that the temperatures are jumping around from 46C to 59C to 45C in one second.

Maybe the thermal censor on the CPU is flawed?

FNyairo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,595
Message 27 of 79

I have had this problem for several months... the noise is relentless even when you just remain in boot menu.

Warranty people at first thought it was the fan, they replaced, still noise. Now, they have just replaced the system board. Still the noise is there as ever!.

so, could be those faulty thermal sensors in CPU... what to do??

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 1,539
Message 28 of 79

All,

We are still investigating your problem reports.  Our main concern is about the temperature of your CPUs when they are idle.  If the CPU is not idle, the temperature will rise and the fan will turn on at 49C.  So can you please share your screenshots like below which shows the CPU temperature at idle?  

temp.JPG

FNyairo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,536
Message 29 of 79

I hope this helps to solve this problem in the long run...

Otherwise, I am losing faith in the Lenovo top end machines, I might hide in a corner with my x220.

X270.PNG

madoll
Paper Tape
Views: 1,524
Message 30 of 79

So did another test.

First picture is complete idle computer on battery.

Second picture is where I opened Edge and youtube. Just after 5 minutes, the temp and clock speed go up and fan turns full speed.

Tried to turn down Intel SpeedStep in BIOS, but had no effect. Set it to Battery Optimized, but the clock speed still jumps around. Even when I surf the web, the clock speed periodically jumps to 3490MHz. 

thermal.pngIDLEthermal_up.pngOpen Edge

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors