Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lordkit
Paper Tape
Views: 122
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo X280 Disable WIFI when docked

Hi,
Is there a way i can disable the wifi when the laptop is docked? When the laptop is un-docked the wireless is enabled.

Is there a BIOS setting or a Intel Wireless setting i can change.  I will be pushing this out via group policy if there are any changes that can be made.

Thank you

lordkit
Paper Tape
Views: 61
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo X280 Disable WIFI when docked

Hi All,

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thank you 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 42
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo X280 Disable WIFI when docked

Hi,

This isn't something I've looked at before but I pulled out the X280 and Ultra Dock and did some poking around.  Struck out Smiley Sad

I believe this could have been done previously via Intel ProSet (which is installed) but it seems that Win 10 has taken over network management so the Intel software doesn't offer that option.  Perhaps you can find a way to reverse that, but I haven't so far.

It's also possible to configure via the advanced settings tab for the wifi NIC (or was ... perhaps Win 10 has grabbed that too) but only for some wifi cards.  The AC8265 in my X doesn't make it available.  Do you have the same card?  If not, check the advanced options.

Perhaps there's a 3rd-party app around that can do this?  Sorry I don't have anyting useful to offer.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors