Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Holly12
What's DOS?
Views: 64
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo X280 No WLAN found

Hi All,

Just unboxed a brand new Lenovo X280 and to my surprise i cannot activate the wifi, Tried installing the drivers and covered all the basics mentioned here. But still no hope. Under Device manager there is no WLAN adaptor featuring, This is the model with the touch screen and an external Ethernet adaptor. Anyone face this issue with this model or have any suggestions.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 42
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo X280 No WLAN found

@Holly12 wrote:

Hi All,

Just unboxed a brand new Lenovo X280 and to my surprise i cannot activate the wifi, Tried installing the drivers and covered all the basics mentioned here. But still no hope. Under Device manager there is no WLAN adaptor featuring, This is the model with the touch screen and an external Ethernet adaptor. Anyone face this issue with this model or have any suggestions.

Good day and welcome to the community.

If you're comfortable removing the lower cover (no other removals required), you can check to see if the WLAN card is there or loose in its slot. See pages 72-73 of the hardware manual for a description: https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/tp_x280_hmm_en.pdf. The card is listed as a self-service CRU on page 51 (item 5). Be sure to take electrostatic discharge precautions, though.

Hope this helps a bit.
Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors