Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 7 (554 Views)

Lenovo X301 Display Question

Hello,

This question is aimed towards current X301 owners.

I recently bought a refurbished X301 from Lenovo and noticed that the right display hinge is not as firm as the left hinge. So if the machine is open (display creates 90 degree angle with keyboard) and i pull against the top right corner of the display, the movement seems loose. When i do the same thing to the left hand corner, the movement is much more firm.

So if anyone else has an X301, i was wondering if you notice the same thing. The reason i am asking is because one of the main features of Lenovo that i like is that everything generally feels firm. This situation reminds me what an Acer feels like when trying to close the screen.

Thanks

Punch Card
Message 2 of 7 (520 Views)

Re: Lenovo X301 Display Question

Hello aselman,

I have a used X301 I bought off Kijiji in Calgary. One of the first things I noticed was how tight theLCD hinges where. I tried the same thing you explained (pull each corner) and there is no movement in the hinges. Maybe order new hinges?

X301 2776-P8U
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 7 (513 Views)

Hello mklm,

Can you try one more thing. press on the right hinge (the black thing right of the x301 sign) and do the same to the left hinge (left of the lenovo sign) and tell me if you feel any difference. my left hinge feels firm, but my right hinge moves a bit when i press on it.

Thanks

Microsoft MVP Contributor
Message 4 of 7 (462 Views)

if it is refurbished then there is a high likelihood that it is worn out, and therefore would require warranty replacement.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Punch Card
Message 5 of 7 (439 Views)

Both hinges are tight, no movement at all. I would have to agree with lead_org and say you need to call Lenovo about warranty.

X301 2776-P8U
Paper Tape
Message 6 of 7 (416 Views)

Thank you for you help, appreciate it

Punch Card
Message 7 of 7 (395 Views)

Hinges are pretty tight on mine. I picked up a refurb off the Outlet store and it has had zero problems so far.

Top kudoed Authors