02-21-2019 01:09 AM
We are experiencing multiple BSOD when connecting the USB-C docking, we think we almost tried everything but we cannot seem to find any resolution.
Windows 10 1803
All Lenovo System Update drivers are installed
We are now finanaly able to reproduce the issue.
1) Lenovo X380 connected via USB-C with the dockingstation
2) 2 screens connected to the dockingstation (Displayport)
3) Users locks his laptop
4) Remove the USB-C docking cable from the laptop
5) Wait till both the external screen going into standby/sleep mode
6) User connects the USB-C docking again
7) User login to his laptop via password or fingerprint
8) Move mouse like 5 seconds, system hangs and produces a BSOD
When we disable Secure boot there is no BSOD but the system freezes/black screen but not reboot
Eventlog is almost clean with no errors which are related to this issue we think.
It looks like the BSOD screens are everytime different then the last one.
We already got a few memory.dmp and minidump files but we cannot figure out what is causing this issue.
We are planning to roll out 300+ X380 with the Lenovo Dockings, but not with those issues ofcourse!
Please help us identifying the issues and troubleshooting steps to fix this issue.
Any help is appriciated.
With kind regard
02-22-2019 04:10 AM - edited 02-22-2019 04:15 AM
Interesting, I have an X380 and USB-C dock but haven't tried them together yet. I'll give it a go and let you know how I get on...
Did you update the firmware on the dock to the latest? I think this one: https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/downloads/ds501903
02-25-2019 01:06 AM
With the tool you mentioned it gives the following output: