Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelina_M
What's DOS?
Views: 601
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Yoga X1 Trackpad enabling

Hello,

When I put the Laptop in Tablet Modus the pointer and the trackpad are automatically disabled.
When I want to use the Laptop function again , I simply put the the laptop slowly in its initial position.

Here I have the problem that the trackpad is still disabled. The only solution that I have found so far is to restart the computer.Restarting the computer is not a convinient solution. Can you please advice?

I have downloaded the userguide and I am sending you in the attached file the proper explanation of "disabling trackpad" when changing the modus. I would be very thankful to read how to enable it again.

Thank you in advance!

Angelina

David_J_W
802.11n
Views: 551
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga X1 Trackpad enabling

Are you sure the trackpad is remaining disabled permanently? Other users have reported an issue where the trackpad doesn't work for 30-60 seconds after resuming the laptop from sleep. It is possible that your issue is a variant of this, and that the root issue is that the trackpad doesn't work for 30-60 seconds after being re-enabled via any means.

I'm afraid I have no idea what the trigger(s) for this issue might be, as it doesn't affect my X1 Yoga. There has been a new trackpad driver posted in the last few days for Windows 10 Anniversary Update - it's possible it will help with your issue, but it may do nothing and could make things worse.

Angelina_M
What's DOS?
Views: 528
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Yoga X1 Trackpad enabling

Hello David,

Thank you for your quick answer. Yes, it is remaining disabled. I have tried with waiting 30 sec and 60 sec but restart was still the only known solution to enable the trackpad.

The link you suggested is only for Windows 10. I use Windows 7 - do you think this can be linked to the problem?

Thank you,

Angelina

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors