Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
levon
Punch Card
Views: 294
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo out of x270 systems - alternatives? (incl. from Dell? HP?, ..?)

Lenovo is out of x270 systems – can anyone recommend a reasonably priced alternative source for these? (I had received an educational discount too).

I spent quite some time over Memorial weekend configuring and then ordering a x270 to replace my current x240. The order was acknowledged by Lenovo.

This morning I received an e-mail telling me that they couldn’t honor the order since they were out of parts  (well the e-mail wasn’t very clear, it took some time and talking to three different people at Lenovo, several disconnects included, until I was told no more x270 Thinkpads).

I was told the units were oversold .. I thought I was buying a laptop, not an airline ticket :-/  I am very disappointed that Lenovo would accept an order and then not fill it. I’ve been buying Thinkpads for the last 20 years (starting with my IBM T560 in 1998) and always had good experiences with the process.

They offered a T480s (somewhat similarly configured) for $400 more, or x280 for $500 more  .. not what I’m interested in. Also, I don't have a money growing tree sadly.

Any suggestions where I could still get a good deal on a new x270? Should I be considering Dell’s XPS 13 or some other systems? This experience has soured me a bit on Lenovo, sufficiently to consider an alternative manufacturer for the first time.

Thanks.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 288
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo out of x270 systems - alternatives? (incl. from Dell? HP?, ..?)

Hi,

Sorry to hear that Smiley Sad  I checked the Lenovo outlet and no joy there either.

I see quite a few X270 models available from Amazon sellers - some fulfilled by Amazon.

No idea how their specs and prices match your expectations.

[edit to add] I see some @ NewEgg too.  NewEgg and Amazon are the only online retailers I use for PCs.  There are no doubt others.

Good luck,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors