Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkb-texas
Serial Port
Views: 284
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo snapshot shows lost memory CarbonX1

I was looking at the Lenovo snapshot that is part of Lenovo Solution Center, and it shows that although I have 8GB RAM installed, it is now only 2.62 GB (?) How could that even happen? It could explain the excruciatingly slow responses I have had recently.

I am attaching a screen shot of this part of the snapshot.

While I am here, I should also say that the "automatic maintenance" that is reflected in the white flag in the system tray runs constantly. I have it set to automatically run in the middle of the night but anytime I go to use my laptop it is running and I have to manually "stop maintenance." Telling you this in off chance it is related.

Snapshot memory.jpg

OMG, I just updated the Lenovo Solution Center software while I was writing this post and it REPLACED my old snapshot on its own. Hmpf! So now it shows no change from 2.62 GB to 2.62 GB.  So it's still an issue. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 226
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo snapshot shows lost memory CarbonX1

Hi kkb-texas,

What version of LSC is this?

What does Windows System Information say about those memory numbers? Please post an image of that too.

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Guru
Views: 194
Message 3 of 5

Isn't the 2.62 just reflecting the size of the page file?

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an”Accepted Solution“!
 If a post helps you, please click the star to give it a "Kudo"!

I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. I will not respond to unsolicited private messages. Questions belong in the forum so it may   help other forum members as well.
 T490, TP 25 Retro, X1 Yoga 3rd Gen, W510 850 EVO, A30p
 Retired 385D, A20p, A21p

kkb-texas
Serial Port
Views: 152
Message 4 of 5

Hi, I'm so sorry for going AWOL - school work kicked in... It is the most recent version of LSC. As I mentioned, I updated it while writing the original post. As a result, it replaced my previous baseline snapshot, which I am not too thrilled about.

I don't know how to check Windows System Information. But, I checked LSC again the other day and the 8 GB is magically back... hmpf. Weird.
kkb-texas
Serial Port
Views: 152
Message 5 of 5

No, I don't think so.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors