06-30-2020

US

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo won't respond to my tickets

2020-06-30, 3:20 AM

Is anyone aware of any serious problems happening at Lenovo Support?  I ask because despite repeated attempts I've been unable to contact them since June 9th.

I'm just speculating, but maybe Lenovo Support is operating under reduced capacity due to the pandemic, or maybe they are transitioning to a new ticketing system.

In February they replaced the LCD panel on my X1 Carbon Yoga 3rd Gen.

In May, the new panel developed a vertical green line, a common problem in failed displays (https://www.cse.sc.edu/~jbakos/green_line.jpg).  At the same time it started registering random taps in the lower-right corner of the screen, forcing me to disable the touch screen.  I was hoping to send the laptop back for repair, even if I needed to pay for it.

On June 9th I opened a ticket on Managed Technical Support Access (MTSA).  Lenovo Support never responded, and then they closed the ticket on June 18th without any explantation (ticket BN9BKKQ).

I opened a new ticket on June 19th and again they never responded, and again closed the ticket on June 29th without explanation (ticket 40BPHMP).

I opened a third ticket on June 29th (40BQY2J) and I expect they'll close this one in 10 days as well.

I've been buying Lenovo laptops for 15 years and have always been satisfied with their support until now.  Does anyone know anything?

Options

215 Posts

03-11-2020

US

28 Signins

1490 Page Views

• Views: 1490
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Lenovo won't respond to my tickets

2020-06-30, 8:13 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the Lenovo forum community!

Since if you dont choose a country, the forum will default to US, could you PM me with your country your living in please.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

7811 Posts

09-04-2014

SK

32438 Signins

1196780 Page Views

• Views: 1196780
  • Message 3 of 6

2020-06-30, 14:56 PM

Hello @jbakos 

Unfortunately I am unable to find those ticket numbers in MTSA but was able to to find your previous repair case using the email address from your profile. I would suggest that the tickets are being automatically closed because your warranty has expired and that opening a support ticket online (MTSA) is not an option when entering your serial number on the support site and selecting Contact Us.

That said, as you are out of warranty you may find it more convenient to have the system repaired at a Service Provider near you;
https://lenovo.secure.force.com/bplocator/

Andy

English Community Administrator
Lenovo eServices

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel answered your question as the solution. 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by awarding them a Thumbs Up

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.
Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

06-30-2020

US

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2020-06-30, 18:00 PM

Hi @Andy_Lenovo ,

Thank you for your reply.  The closest repair center is 65 miles away.  I would prefer to use the normal depot service, especially since there is a good chance the replacement parts are still under warranty themselves.

-Jason

Options

7 Posts

06-19-2020

US

3 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 5 of 6

2020-07-02, 4:24 AM

Did you ever hear anything? I still haven't heard anything . . . 

Options

2 Posts

06-30-2020

US

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-07-02, 12:02 PM

Hello @elysed ,

No, and I don't expect to receive any further response from Lenovo.  It seems I already used up the one and only response entitled to me on these forums.

According to @Andy_Lenovo, MTSA, which is Lenovo's main customer support system, is set up to automatically, silently, and instantly delete any customer ticket filed for any machines having an expired warranty (although the customer is only notified of this after 10 days and without being given a reason).

Also, there is evidently no warranty on replacement parts, so the $500 LCD screen I bought and Lenovo installed in March 2020 that has now failed is forfeit.  And since there are no Lenovo repair centers in the largest metropolitan area and state capital of South Carolina, then my only remaining option to thow away this 2-year and three-month-old $3000 laptop.  This is my current understanding.

-Jason

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete