Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zerodragontech
Paper Tape
Views: 336
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo x1 carbon gen 2 black screen

I just bought used x1 carbon gen 2 from a lady on craiglist. She said it just need ssd for she have it took off the ssd for her personal info.  I turned it on. It goes to bios, it tell me the system info and all.  While I wa driving home I was playing around with it and hit memtest.  I tried to quit the process but it freezes there.  I waited couple of minute and still freeze so I had to force shut down it.  When I turned it back on. It just blank screen but lights are on. The light still going on and off then stays on. Even the touchpad on the very top where F key are still on.  Then randomly shut off by itself.  

I tried: 

using external monitor - no luck

I disconnected power adaptor and battery and hold power button for 30 -60 sec still no luck. 

I disconnected cmos battery for 1 min still no luck. 

I pressed the reset button underneath where you use paper clip and still no luck. 

I thinking probably since I force shutdown while it doing it memtest which it freezes it cause the laptop black screen ?  

Or it really has bad mobo to begin with? 

I been trying to contact the lady and she never response back. 

Any other test to make sure it’s a mobo problem before I toss it away? I spent $100 for it.... 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors