cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trdina
Paper Tape
Views: 190
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo x240 doesn't recognize battery after prolongued sleep (Linux mint 19)

I have a lenovo x240 with no internal battery and 2 external batteries. When i got it, everything was alright, but after some time, my laptop coulnd't power on from just the battery, he needed an ac adapter od he would report 190 critical battery error. I kinda fixed this issue by not shuting the laptop down if i intended on unplugging it, but putting it in sleep mode, which from he can wake up even with no ac power. One night i left my laptop unplugged, battery connected and in sleep mode the entire night. When i woke up, the laptop had 0 charge in it and couldn't wake from sleep. No leds, no beeps, nothing. Plugged it back in- it powers on normally. The problem is, the laptop no longer sees any of my 2 batteries, unless its on the charger, the laptop acts as if there is no power at all. He doesnt react to the power button, so no leds, no beeps, no bios flashscreens- nothing. On charger it still works perfectly normal.

BMCowboy
802.11n
Views: 162
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo x240 doesn't recognize battery after prolongued sleep (Linux mint 19)

Hi Trdina,

Will you have chance to test those batteries on another X240/X250/X260? It helps to evaluate if they are defective.

"May the Force be with Lenovo"
Trdina
Paper Tape
Views: 154
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo x240 doesn't recognize battery after prolongued sleep (Linux mint 19)

No, but there is no need for that. You see, my other battery worked fine, just as well as the one that was in the laptop during that night in which it was in sleep mode. The next morning, none of the batteries gave any charge, not even for an led or a sound or a bios flashscreen. It is highly unlikly that the other battery stopped working on its own, without being touched at the same time as the battery in the laptop. I study computer science and although im a first year i have some basic knowledge, so please don't shy away from more in-depth explanations, as even if i don't understand them i will look it up, I just want to fix this issue. My batteries are also not warn out, as i only pop them in when i'm not at my desk, otherwise the laptop runs solely on ac power, no batteries.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors