Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mart63
Paper Tape
Views: 454
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo x240 won't stay off

Hi,

I'm having problems with my X240. I'm running Windows 10. When I shut down the computer, it stays off for 2seconds and then boots back up. This only happens on battery power, when connected to AC the computer shuts down fine and stays off, BUT if I remove AC it boots up in 1 second.. This is really weird.

I've disabled the "Turn on fast startup" option and had a look at the options in BIOS but no luck..

Also just few days ago I cloned my system disk to an SSD and swapped that in. But can't pinpoint the start of the issues to straight after this.

BIOS version GIET87WW (2.37). I just recently upgraded to this BIOS version and soon after I discovered the issue, maybe it was straight after but I missed it for the first time(s). 

Thanks in advance,

Mart

mart63
Paper Tape
Views: 387
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo x240 won't stay off

Hi

I've managed to fix this issue. I came up with this step by step:

"HOW TO RESOLVE SLEEP/SHUTDOWN ISSUES"

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3hagj0/working_longterm_solution_to_the_sleep/

Seems to be for some HP devices but worked for me as well.Basically it involves downgrading the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver from version 11 to 9/10 and disabling this update, so it won't get reinstalled automatically later.

Why does this work I've no idea but so far so good, computer switches off and stays off.Smiley Happy

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors