Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: X Series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

10-25-2012

UK

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Loud beeping sound when I'm typing

2012-10-25, 1:10 AM

I bought a second hand Lenovo X200 and it works fine. But this is annoying me. Everytime I am typing like say, an article or a long email or something - i.e. a long text - the laptop would beep in the midst of my typing. And I have not been able to figure out what triggered it. I have tried typing with the AC adapter plugged in, typing without the AC adapter plugged in, and it's still doing the same old thing. (As I'm typing this post, it beeped again once in the midst of typing the last sentence)

Anyone knows what could be causing it?

I thought it may have something to do with part of my palm resting on or near the fingerprint software scanning device. So I disabled fingerprint scanning on my laptop. But still, it beeps.

Argh!! It's quite unnerving especially when I prefer to do my work late at night and it keeps beeping like that every now and then with no discernible pattern or frequency to the beeping - I am worried it will wake my toddler up even though I work in the lounge and he sleeps in the bedroom. It is that loud.

FYI it has beeped a total of 5 times now since I started typing this post...  

Any advice would be most appreciated. Thank you!

Answer
Options

3 Posts

10-25-2012

UK

5 Signins

30 Page Views

Re: Loud beeping sound when I'm typing

2012-10-26, 15:51 PM
You know what, its okay I think I found a solution for that. I went into BIOS mode at bootup and went to Config and disabled the Keyboard beeps. Says on there that keyboard beeps happen when impossible keyboard combinations are entered or something... so I guess either I was typing too fast or keep pressing keys I shouldn't be pressing when I'm typing my documents. Lol

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

3 Posts

10-25-2012

UK

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: Loud beeping sound when I'm typing

2012-10-26, 15:51 PM
You know what, its okay I think I found a solution for that. I went into BIOS mode at bootup and went to Config and disabled the Keyboard beeps. Says on there that keyboard beeps happen when impossible keyboard combinations are entered or something... so I guess either I was typing too fast or keep pressing keys I shouldn't be pressing when I'm typing my documents. Lol

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms