Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mk010
Paper Tape
Views: 866
Message 1 of 3

Low hard drive capacity: 167gb

Hi,

I have Lenovo x1 carbon type 3444 (first gen) and after formatting it I've noticed its hard drive capacity is quite weird. I know this model comes with 128gb or 256gb hard drives, and mine is showing 167gb.

Capture.PNG

I know that the avilable memory effectivly translates to less than what advertised beacuse of the approximation that 1024~1k, so I would expect that my storage will be around 237gb.

I tried looking in the disk managment if I forgot to allocate partions, but it looks like I use all the avilable memory:Capture2.PNG

I've never added or removed any of the original laptop hardware. 

Do you have any explanation to this unsual hard drive capacity?

Thanks in advance!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 861
Message 2 of 3

Re: Low hard drive capacity: 167gb

Hi,

Some X1C 1st gen models came with a "180G SSD":

http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/withdraw/ThinkPad_X1_Carbon_1st_Gen.pdf

http://www.lenovo.com/psref/pdf/withdraw/ThinkPad_X1_Carbon_1st_Gen_WE.pdf

FWIW,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 835
Message 3 of 3

Re: Low hard drive capacity: 167gb

120GB, 180GB and 240GB are also available sizes on that model.  It looks like you have a 180GB one. 

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors