Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RegulatorFix
Paper Tape
Views: 3,302
Message 1 of 8

MS Office 2010 Product Key

Bought the computer with MS Office Professional Plus 2010 installed. 

Now software is corrupted (programs/office/change - corrupted, reinstall).

Before removing and reinstalling, I want to make sure if have the product key on hand. 

Is there a way to get it from Lenovo or otherwise? Microsoft support cannot help (tried already).

I do NOT see a Microsoft sticker on the back of the computer. 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,278
Message 2 of 8

Re: MS Office 2010 Product Key

Hi regulatorFix, welcome to the community,

The product license key would have been in the box or alternatively did you perhaps create a microsoft account in which case the key will be stored and retrievable through your microsoft account.

https://products.office.com/en-gb/download-back-up-restore-microsoft-office-products

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

RegulatorFix
Paper Tape
Views: 3,273
Message 3 of 8

"In the Box" as in "Lenovo included a install DVD for MS OFFICE with the product" or more like: "Lenovo included a piece of paper with the MS Office Product key printed on it"?

What do you need to look for? 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,271
Message 4 of 8

Microsoft didn't issue a lot of licenses including a disc for Office 2010, in the majority of cases it was just a Product Key Card in what I would call DVD packaging pretty much like this.  Inside was the product key with instructions to go to the site I linked to previously and download the appropriate version of Office 2010 after creating an account.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

RegulatorFix
Paper Tape
Views: 3,263
Message 5 of 8

Office was already installed on my computer. 

So I did not activate with Microsoft (i checked the link, nothing there).

I will look for 'paperwork' that I may still have for the Lenovo (I hope).

Stepenjones
Punch Card
Views: 3,244
Message 6 of 8

Since the product is already installed, there is a good chance the key is still encrypted somewhere in the regsitry. There are several free programs that you can use to retrieve the keys on a system. You can do a search for such programs. Normally you would get a key with the pc you purchased, unless of course the office installed was a trial version.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 3,219
Message 7 of 8

Hello,

You may be able to use a program like Belarc Advisor, Magical Jelly Bean KeyFinder or Nirsoft ProduKey to retreive the Microsoft Office 2010 Product ID (PID) key from the system's registry.  You might actually want to try all three of them, for that matter, just to be on the safe side.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I am a volunteer and neither a Lenovo nor a Microsoft employee.

L380 YogaP72 (20MB-*)P50 (20EN-*)S230u (3347-4HU)T23 (2648-LU7)T42 (2378-R4U)T43p (2678-H7U)T61p (6459-CTO)W510 (4318-CTO)W530 (2441-4R3)W530 (2441-4R3)X100e (3508-CTO)X120e (0596-CTO)X220 (4286-CTO)X250 (20CM-*)Yoga 370

antaltranslatio
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,623
Message 8 of 8

Exactly my situation: Lenovo preloaded Office 2010 and included a CD without a product key.

p

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors