Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fravian
Paper Tape
Views: 456
Message 31 of 35

Re: MSDTC errors on Lenovo X1

I have just received advice from support that the issue is directly realted to LenovoSmartStandby service.

"I have a fix for DCOM issue which has been tested on the notebook that was sent out to us. This fix for the DCOM will work on fresh installed workstations and the factory image. Once the notebook has been updated to the latest patch, you need to disable a Lenovo
service. The notebook which we received was formatted to the latest Win10 build and all drivers/firmware were installed via the Lenovo System Update utility. Once this was completed I had checked the Component Services and saw that the icon had the Red Arrow with the mentioned error. As a troubleshooting process I started disabling non-windows services individually, restarted the notebook till I found the service which was causing this issue. The service which is causing the issue is “LenovoSmartStandby” once this service was
disabled, we successfully ran the Component Services. I have done some research and determined that disabling the mentioned service does not effect the system performance or battery life."

Yet to try myself...

Alex515
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 432
Message 32 of 35

Someone from the support must be reading this thread :-)
codesmith
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 403
Message 33 of 35

My X1 Gen 6 has been running fine for a week with the Smart Standby Service disabled.   Does anyone know the purpose/functionality of this service?  Web searches regarding it have not helped much.

yesblob
Punch Card
Views: 379
Message 34 of 35

This error also occurs on the Lenovo Legion Y530, but the Y530 does not have LenovoSmartStandby service.

Still looking for a solution...

alexeysmolyakov
What's DOS?
Views: 240
Message 35 of 35

For my T480 disabling service "Doldy DAX API Service" and restarting solved problem.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors