Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noxit
Paper Tape
Views: 305
Message 1 of 4

MY warranty on X240

Dear All, 

i have Lenovo X240 which I bought from France two years ago. It's serial number is PF*****. 

Currently i am in the UAE on an international assignment. I took my laptop to local service dealer for screen replacement for dead pixels but he refused to take the laptop, saying he was.not sure whether the laptop covered under international warranty or not. He asked to to talk to Lenovo customer service at 800035702810, and if they agree, I've to show an email evidence to local dealer that it is covered under international warranty. I tried on this number but it's not responding. I tried to find customer support email but it's not available on lenovo's website. 

Only one month warranty is left on my laptop and I am not going to visit France in next couple of months. 

Please advise what to do?

regards

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 206
Message 2 of 4

Re: MY warranty on X240

Hello and welcome

According to the Lenovo support site your laptop with Machine-Type 20AM is covered under international warranty.

Open the page below:
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/iwslookupthink

Type in 20AM in the Machine-Type field and get the list of locations and service providers contacts.

According to the laptop s/n it has "a Global Model Plus special bid three year limited warranty. This product is entitled to parts, labor and on-site repair service (9x5 next business day) in approved locations. Thinkpad batteries have a one year warranty."

I.e.Global Model Plus (GMP) program includes:
- Three-year limited warranty (parts and labor)
- On-site service for select repairs, 9 hours a day, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, and next-business-day (NBD) response objective

Note, if you purchased laptop later than the warranty period Start Day 2014-03-23, you might contact Lenovo Authorized Service Provider to upgrade Start/End days. Or use on-line service:
https://lenovoemea.secure.force.com/warranty?lang=en

ps. I've removed s/n in your post against the grabbers.

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Noxit
Paper Tape
Views: 182
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.

I talked to authorized service provider. He again reiterated the same words that my warranty is showing up for France only. The solution they are offering me is to get an e-mail from Lenovo authorizing this repair to be carried out in the UAE. Unfortunately, I do not have the purchase receipt with me.
Is there any way i can get this authorization email from Lenovo, Ss i may be able to show it to the service provider and have the repair done.

Thanks in advance.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 180
Message 4 of 4

IMHO that guy isn't right completely. He MUST read and know Lenovo IWS policy regarding ThinkPads (in particular, https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/parts/pd004172 ) and take a look closely at the page by the link in my previous post for MT 20AM.

Anyway, you might open the ticket on the support site
http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/contactus?linkTrack=footerSmiley Frustratedupport_Contact%20Us

x220 • Gobi 2000 3g | hdd, msata ssd, wwan, wifi, gps -- unique hand-made config
ThinkPad 25 Special Anniversary Edition. #retro. Signed by D.Hill
T470p | X1 Carbon Gen3 | Miix 2 10" | Yoga Tablet 2-1050F (Android) + BT Keyboard
ThinkPad Stack • 2.4/5 Wireless Router, HDD 1 TB, BT Speaker, Power Bank, Mobile Projector

Do it well, worse becomes itself

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Portugues    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors